- Build on local community strengths and assets.
- Stimulate support from other funding sources.
- Respond creatively to community problems.
- Serve a broad segment of the community.
- Expand access and opportunities for people from
- Address underlying causes rather than symptoms.
- Increase cooperation and coordination among program
- Improve organization self-sufficiency and efficiency.
- Initiate efforts that will continue to grow in their
- Develop our sense of this community as a special place.
- Have strong board and staff or volunteer leadership.
- Involve a cross-section of people in project planning.
To be considered in a particular cycle, the application must be received
at the Foundation's offices by April 1st or October 1st by 4:00
p.m. If the application is not received by that date, it will be held
over for consideration during the next grant cycle.
Applicants should allow 60 to 90 days for processing and response.